CAPSTONE Executive Development Course
The National Defense University offers a unique, optional program for spouses of CAPSTONE Fellows. It is offered in conjunction with the final week of the CAPSTONE Course at NDU.
The focus of the Executive Development Program is centered around understanding international regional issues, joint operations, and military family policy and issues. The goal is to increase the participants’ understanding of these issues and enhance their effectiveness as partners with their general/flag officer spouses.
- Increase awareness and understanding of international regional issues
- Increase understanding of the DoD and joint operations
- Increase awareness and understanding of military family policy issues
- Provide education on wellness
- Explore senior spouse leadership roles
- Develop a network of general/flag officer spouses
Topics & Activities
- Meet with the President, National Defense University
- Joint Operations – providing a better understanding of how services work together
- Presentation by OSD Director for Military Community & Family Policy and other military family policy influencers
- Session on Wellness
- Regional Issues: Sessions on Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, and China and the Pacific
- Roundtable discussion with Spouses of Service Chiefs
- Participate in “Open Forums” where areas of mutual concern are discussed and ideas are shared
- Spouses of retired senior military officers administer this program.